So You Think You Can Dance Wardrobe Malfunction

Monday, May 11, 2009

Stuffin' Martha's Muffin - A tribute to MARTHA QUINN

Ah, remember MARTHA QUINN, that pixiesque MTV VJ fromt he 80's, well if you really want to feel old, realise she is 50 today. I know, the thought of wanking to a picture of a 50 year old isn't all that appealing...






Here are some MARTHA QUINN facts

MARTHA QUINN was born on 11 May 1959
When MTV debuted in 1981, MARTHA QUINN was one of the five original veejays.
The other four were:
Nina Blackwood,
Mark Goodman,
J.J. Jackson, and
Alan Hunter.











MARTHA QUINN hosted MTV's "Rockline", which premiered on 26 May 1991.
MARTHA QUINN is a vegetarian, and had serious thought about giving up her leather jacket.
MARTHA QUINN is the "Martha" in Mojo Nixon's song, "Stuffin' Martha's Muffin".
Filmography: Dangerous Curves (1988)
Brady Bunch sequel (1989)
Tapeheads (1989)
Chopper Chicks in Zombietown (1990)
Motorama (1991)
Bad Channels (1992)
And of course, those MARTHA QUINN Neutrogena commercials





Stuffin' Martha's Muffin - Mojo Nixon and Skid Roper

Yeah man I know y'all be checking out on MTV there, and you see Mojo Nixon and
Skid Roper on MTV? Noooooo! So I said "Man I gotta do something about this." So
I called 'em up man I called up MTV in New York and I said, "Uh, yo, this is Mojo Nixon,
can I speak to MARTHA QUINN?" They said "MARTHA QUINN? Yeah, here she is!"
"H-h-hell-hello Mojo, th-th-this is Martha Quinn, what can I do for you?" I said
"Martha, Martha baby, how'm I gonna get on MTV?" She said "Mojo, you're too nasty,
you're too, you're always talking about masturbation, and fornication, you're never gonna
get on MTV that way, Mojo." I said "oh Martha," I said "MARTHA QUINN, mmm I wanna be
doing some sin with ya MARTHA QUINN. I wanna be gettin' in MARTHA QUINN!" I said
"I wanna be stuffin' Martha's muffin!"

(Gibberish)

In 1986 okay, all across the USA
In 1986 oh no, I got to rock I got to roll, hit me


Alright brothers and sisters, friends of the revolution, what we're gonna do right here is a little singing, a little call and response, a little sing along, a little I say it then you say it, a little repeat after me, here we go:


MTV (MTV)
Get away from me (get away from me)
I don't want to see (I don't want to see)
No MTV (no MTV)
I said Music Television (Music Television)
Should be covered in jism (should be covered in jism)
I said Music Television (Music Television)
Should be covered in jism (should be covered in jism)

Oh Martha baby, I wanna be stuffin' Martha's muffin, how how, alright Skid







No comments:

Post a Comment